Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chucho (Avi)


A note from Chucho's owner-
I had adopted Avi, the large - almost human :) - gray cat on July 25th. I spoke with Bonnie yesterday to follow up and let her know how Avi's getting along, and promised I would send along photos of him at home. I'm happy to report that the adjustment period was shorter than anticipated. After about 2 days he crawled out from underneath my bed (it's a low platform bed, so how he was even able to fit under there is beyond me!) and actually ate and used the litter box.

I was so relieved, as I was beginning to worry that he'd starve himself. He's incredibly lovable and so well-behaved; he's quickly won over the hearts of all my friends & family.

As for the toy mice, Bonnie was right! He loves those small life-like toy mice and scurries around the apartment kicking them like soccer balls. Avi (whose name I've changed to "Chucho" .. pronounced CHOO-CHO .. after Chucho Valdes, a famous Cuban pianist) is an adorable, sweet cuddle bug and I have the Humane Society to thank, for introducing him to me and allowing him into my life. You can rest assured that he's in a loving & caring home.

No comments: